Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Do this with friends sitting around a table on the deck or patio. Serve with cheese on the side.
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (such as Triple Sec or Grand Mariner)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 slightly green bananas, peeled and cut into slices on diagonal
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced into rings
- 1 large orange, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 2 medium nectarines or 2 medium peaches, stones removed, cut into 6 wedges each
- Stir first seven ingredients together in small bowl until brown sugar is dissolved. Makes 3/4 cup marinade.
- Toss all four fruits with marinade in large bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat lightly sprayed electric grill to high. Drain fruit and discard marinade. Cook fruit on grill for about one minute per side.
Loved the orangy taste on the fruit. Everyone in my family had a favorite..one liked the apples, one the peaches and one the bananas. Very simple to do and pop on the grill at the last moment. Made for Recipe Swap.