Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Do this with friends sitting around a table on the deck or patio. Serve with cheese on the side.
Top Review by mary winecoff
Loved the orangy taste on the fruit. Everyone in my family had a favorite..one liked the apples, one the peaches and one the bananas. Very simple to do and pop on the grill at the last moment. Made for Recipe Swap.
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (such as Triple Sec or Grand Mariner)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 slightly green bananas, peeled and cut into slices on diagonal
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced into rings
- 1 large orange, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 2 medium nectarines or 2 medium peaches, stones removed, cut into 6 wedges each
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir first seven ingredients together in small bowl until brown sugar is dissolved. Makes 3/4 cup marinade.
- Toss all four fruits with marinade in large bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat lightly sprayed electric grill to high. Drain fruit and discard marinade. Cook fruit on grill for about one minute per side.