This recipe comes from BHG's recipe.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb swordfish, halibut (fresh or frozen) or 1 lb mahi mahi steak, cut 1 inch thick (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup margarita mix (no alcohol)
- 1 teaspoon jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large mango, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded tomato (1 large)
- 2 -4 tablespoons cilantro, fresh snipped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chilies, powder* or 1/2 teaspoon regular chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 48 inches flour or 48 inches corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded fresh leaf lettuce or 2 cups spinach
- 1Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 3/4-inch strips. For marinade, in a shallow dish stir together margarita mix and jerk seasoning. Add fish strips, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, turning fish once or twice.
- 2Meanwhile, for salsa, in a large bowl stir together the beans, mango, tomato, cilantro, green onion, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, ancho chili powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 3Drain fish, discarding marinade. In a 10-inch skillet cook fish in hot oil over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with tested with a fork, turning fish occasionally. Meanwhile, heat tortillas according to package directions. Fill tortillas with lettuce, fish strips, and mango salsa. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
- 4Make-ahead directions: The salsa can be made ahead and chilled for up to 2 hours. If chilled, it should be allowed to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving for best flavor and so it doesn't chill the fish when you add it to the tacos.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: