Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from BHG's recipe.com.
Make and share this Margarita Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb swordfish, halibut (fresh or frozen) or 1 lb mahi mahi steak, cut 1 inch thick (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix (no alcohol)
- 1 teaspoon jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large mango, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chopped seeded tomato (1 large)
- 2 -4 tablespoons cilantro, fresh snipped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ancho chilies, powder* or 1⁄2 teaspoon regular chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 48 inches flour or 48 inches corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded fresh leaf lettuce or 2 cups spinach
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 3/4-inch strips. For marinade, in a shallow dish stir together margarita mix and jerk seasoning. Add fish strips, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, turning fish once or twice.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a large bowl stir together the beans, mango, tomato, cilantro, green onion, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, ancho chili powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Drain fish, discarding marinade. In a 10-inch skillet cook fish in hot oil over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with tested with a fork, turning fish occasionally. Meanwhile, heat tortillas according to package directions. Fill tortillas with lettuce, fish strips, and mango salsa. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
- Make-ahead directions: The salsa can be made ahead and chilled for up to 2 hours. If chilled, it should be allowed to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving for best flavor and so it doesn't chill the fish when you add it to the tacos.