Recipe by Gingerbear
This recipe is based on a light version but you can also make the higher fat version of this if you like.
Top Review by Rosie_C
This is a wonderful recipe, great for a light summer dessert! I made it when I was visiting family in England. I couldn't find Angel Food cake or Pound cake, so I used Madeira cake which worked out fine. I used strawberries and fresh pineapple, as Chef 184171 suggested. I put the cake and fruits into dessert bowls and spooned the dip on top. Thanks for a delicious dessert!
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat whipping cream
- 3 cups small strawberries
- 12 ounces angel food cake, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, food processor or with an electric mixer combine sour cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange juice, lime juice and vanilla until well blended.
- Add whipping cream and process or mix until fluffy and mixture begins to thicken.
- On 12 small wooden skewers thread strawberries and cake alternating each time.
- Serve dip chilled with fruit kabobs.