Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is based on a light version but you can also make the higher fat version of this if you like.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat whipping cream
- 3 cups small strawberries
- 12 ounces angel food cake, cut into cubes
- In a blender, food processor or with an electric mixer combine sour cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange juice, lime juice and vanilla until well blended.
- Add whipping cream and process or mix until fluffy and mixture begins to thicken.
- On 12 small wooden skewers thread strawberries and cake alternating each time.
- Serve dip chilled with fruit kabobs.
This is a wonderful recipe, great for a light summer dessert! I made it when I was visiting family in England. I couldn't find Angel Food cake or Pound cake, so I used Madeira cake which worked out fine. I used strawberries and fresh pineapple, as Chef 184171 suggested. I put the cake and fruits into dessert bowls and spooned the dip on top. Thanks for a delicious dessert!
This is by far, the most outstanding fruit dip we have ever tasted. I made it a couple of years ago and am always being asked to make it again. One little tip, I also skewered fresh pineapple with the cake and strawberries. To serve, I split a fresh pineapple lengthwise, leaving the leaves attached. Cut out the fruit from each half. put the dip in one half, turned the other over and stuck the skewers of fruit on top of that half. Beautiful presentation for a DELICIOUS recipe. Thanks for sharing