Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmmmm. Not pretty, but delicious!!! Recipe adapted from "Frontera" by Rick Bayless
- chipotle salt or tajin chile salt
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 ounces tamarind puree
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1⁄2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 1⁄2 ounce simple syrup
- 6 -10 ice cubes
- Rub lime wedge around rim of margarita glass or martini glass. Dip rim in chile salt and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tamarind, tequila, cointreau, syrup and ice.
- Shake vigorously til frothy and cold, at least 15 seconds to allow tiny ice crystals to form in the drink.
- Strain into salt-crusted glass and serve immediately.