1/9 Photos of Margarita Cupcakes With Key Lime Icing
Yummy!!! From the Wilton website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen margarita mix, thawed (undiluted)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1In large bowl, combine cake mix, Margarita mix, egg whites and vegetable oil using electric mixer.
- 2Stir in lime zest; mix completely.
- 3Fill prepared pans 2/3 full.
- 4Bake according to box directions (usually 325 degrees - be sure to check box!) 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- 5Cool in pan on cooling rack 5-8 minutes.
- 6Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
- 7FOR ICING:.
- 8In large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, juice and zest with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 9Add 4 cups confectioners' sugar, one cup at a time; continue beating until light and fluffy.
- 10If icing is too thin add additional confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Cupcakes With Key Lime Icing
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 182.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen margarita mix
key lime zest