1 hr 3 mins
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
These lively tasting cupcakes are full of the flavor of the Southwest's favorite drink -- except no alcohol! This is a large recipe and comes from the people at Wilton. Unfrosted cupcakes freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (no pudding in mix)
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen margarita mix, thawed (undiluted)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 (14 ounce) package icing, mix (use creamy white buttercream)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1Line the cups of a 12-cavity muffin pan with liners. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- 2In a large bowl combine the cake mix, thawed margarita mix, egg whites and vegetable oil with a mixer and beat until well blended. Stir in the lime zest.
- 3Fill muffin cups 2/3s full; you will use half the batter. Bake 22-24 minutes. Remove when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 5-8 minutes. Remove from pan and complete cooling.
- 4Line the cups of the muffin pan again with liners. Repeat filling the liners with remaining batter. Bake and cool as above.
- 5To make the icing: prepare icing mix according to package directions, stirring in the lime juice and zest.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen margarita mix