Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are from "The Cookie Collection" cookbook. They look awesome, I can't wait to try them!
- 225 g butter, softened
- 140 g caster sugar
- 1 lime, finely grated rind of
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau liqueur
- 280 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 140 g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Preheat the oven to 190°C Line 2 baking sheets with paper.
- Put the butter, sugar, and lime rind into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, then beat in the egg yolk and cointreau. Sift together the flour and a pinch of salt into the mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop up tablespoons of the dough and put them on the prepared baking sheets, then flatten gently. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until light golden brown. Leave to cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes, then using a palette knife, carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in sufficient tequila to give the mixture the consistency of thick cream. Leave the cookies on the racks and drizzle the icing over them. Leave to set.