Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tequila, cumin, chilies,chicken and black beans, just doesn't get any better 'n that that. This is an Arizona Favorite from the Kingman Arizona Welcome Wagon Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons tequila (optional)
Chicken Pasta mix
- 4 cups rotini pasta (uncooked rainbow spiral pasta)
- 1 lb chicken (cut in strips)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (11 ounce) mexicorn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Cook pasta, till al dente, drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a zip-bag, combine chicken,taco seasoning, shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat, add chicken and cook 8-10 minute remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, corn,beans and dressing, toss to coat.
- Fold in chicken, serve warm or cold.
- Pass tequila shots or very cold beer.
This was a nice quick meal. I added more lime, just a tablespoon of oil, and less taco seasoning, since the mix I make is very spicy. We also left out the sugar and orange juice (personal preference). I think a red pepper would compliment this nicely, adding color and crunch.
Have to admit the taco seasoning was very nice in this. Loved the dressing combo here too, as this made for a nice side to dinner tonight. Also a nice combination of spices in this. Made for Holiday tag.
Mighty tasty, loved the intense taco seasoning on the chicken in contrast to the lime-tequila-orange dressing mix. The dressing was just a tad too runny, but this was a WINNING TASTE COMBINATION. Thanks for posting, BakinBaby! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.