Recipe by BakinBaby
Tequila, cumin, chilies,chicken and black beans, just doesn't get any better 'n that that. This is an Arizona Favorite from the Kingman Arizona Welcome Wagon Cookbook.
Top Review by Maito
This was a nice quick meal. I added more lime, just a tablespoon of oil, and less taco seasoning, since the mix I make is very spicy. We also left out the sugar and orange juice (personal preference). I think a red pepper would compliment this nicely, adding color and crunch.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons tequila (optional)
Chicken Pasta mix
- 4 cups rotini pasta (uncooked rainbow spiral pasta)
- 1 lb chicken (cut in strips)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (11 ounce) mexicorn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) black beans (drained and rinsed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, till al dente, drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a zip-bag, combine chicken,taco seasoning, shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat, add chicken and cook 8-10 minute remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, corn,beans and dressing, toss to coat.
- Fold in chicken, serve warm or cold.
- Pass tequila shots or very cold beer.