Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great cold pasta salad. It combines the taste of Mexican food, with pasta. Best served cold. You can leave out the tequila if you wish. I like to make this with the multi colored pasta rotini, but you could use any noodle shape or color
- 10 ounces pasta noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons tequila
- Cook the pasta, drain and rinse well with cold water.
- Sprinkle the cubed chicken with the taco seasoning.
- Cook the cubed chicken in the oil, over medium heat until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked chicken, cooled pasta, mexicorn, black beans, green chilies and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix the orange juice, oil, sour cream, lime juice, sugar, cumin, salt, pepper and tequila.
- Mix well and pour over pasta mixture.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I used the noodles from ramen for my pasta and it turned out great. I chose ramen because I thought it would be a light, flavor-absorbing pasta an it was a big hit. :-)