Recipe by QueenJellyBean
A non-alcoholic Margarita Chicken that you do on the grill. The chicken takes on a wonderful margarita flavor. Preparation time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup non-alcoholic margarita mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix margarita mix, lime juice and garlic in a resealable heavy duty plastic food storage bag. Reserve 3-4 tbsp marinade.
- Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat pieces with marinade. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally.
- Marinate at least one hour but not longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place chicken, skin sides up on grill. Brush with marinade; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Cover and grill 5-6 inches from medium heat 15 minutes; turn chicken.
- Brush with remaining marinade; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Cover and grill 20-40 minutes longer, turning occasionally, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest parts are cut.