Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is simple, easy, and great tasting.
Make and share this Margarita Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- lime slice, halved (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium avocado, seeded peeled and cut up
- for glaze, in a small saucepan stir together lime peel, lime juice, tequila, honey, cooking oil, cornstarch, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan; broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turn once half way through cooking. Brush chicken with glaze the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drizzle chicken with the remaining glaze. If desired, garnish with lime slices. Serve chicken with warm tortillas, tomatoes, and avocado.
I liked the taste of this but the glaze was too thick and did not spread nicely. Next time I will use less cornstarch and see if that helps. Made for Bargain Basement.