Recipe by orangeteapot
A great filler for quesadillas or fajitas, this chicken is flavorful and juicy. A real crowd-pleaser!
Top Review by loof
Outstanding chicken marinade! Love the lime flavor, perfect with the other ingredients especially the cumin. Marinated overnight, grilled over charcoal and enjoyed moist and flavorful chicken - thanks for sharing a keeper!
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- lime wedges and cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness. This is important!
- Combine all ingredients in a blender except chicken.
- Pour marinade over chicken and let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken breasts for 7-8 minutes per side, turning once. Since the thick parts have been flattened, the whole breast should develop a nice, caramelized texture without drying out.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice for fajitas, or serve whole with lime wedges and cilantro.