Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great filler for quesadillas or fajitas, this chicken is flavorful and juicy. A real crowd-pleaser!
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- lime wedges and cilantro (to garnish)
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness. This is important!
- Combine all ingredients in a blender except chicken.
- Pour marinade over chicken and let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken breasts for 7-8 minutes per side, turning once. Since the thick parts have been flattened, the whole breast should develop a nice, caramelized texture without drying out.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice for fajitas, or serve whole with lime wedges and cilantro.
Outstanding chicken marinade! Love the lime flavor, perfect with the other ingredients especially the cumin. Marinated overnight, grilled over charcoal and enjoyed moist and flavorful chicken - thanks for sharing a keeper!