Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe I developed as a make ahead dish to take for lunch the next day. Its fast easy and reheats well.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1⁄4 cup margarita mix (non-alcoholic)
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat large skillet to med heat.
- Place chicken breast one at a time between 2 pieces of plastic wrap smooth side up. Gently pound chicken flat to an even thickness. Use a flat sided meat mallet.
- Heat oil and then add onion rings stir to keep from burning. when onion is soft remove to plate.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in oil, till golden brown on both sides. Place onions on top of chicken and add margarita mix reduce heat cover and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Check the chicken to see if its done, If it has just a hint of pink remove it to a serving platter and cover with foil. You don't want to overcook the chicken. The heat in the chicken will continue to cook the chicken. Turn heat up and reduce sauce to a pancake syrup consistency. When sauce is reduced pour sauce over chicken and serve.
- Note :You can add Tequila when you add the margarita mix but do it off the heat take care as the alcohol fume can ignite. Return to heat and leave the cover off for a few minutes so alcohol can evaporate.