Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a bridgeclub cookbook I found. This is good for a low fat diet, weeknight meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- fresh cilantro stem
- lime wedge
- Dip chicken breasts in mixture of oil, lime juice, and honey, then roll in tortilla chip crumbs to coat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350*.
- While baking chicken, puree tomatoes and chopped cilantro into a sauce.
- Remove chicken from oven, top with puree and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake again for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
My entire family really enjoyed this dish. The chicken was quite tender and flavorful. The crushed tortilla chips provided a little crunch, while the cilantro, lime and cheese gave a sensational blend of flavors that made this a very special meal. Thanks, sweetcakes. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
Delicious! This is a fabulous chicken dish. Plenty of flavor, with a moist and tender chicken. I used chicken tenderloins, which were a perfect size. Thanks for sharing!