1 hr 5 mins
A fun twist on an old favorite. From the Chex Cereal company. Dry margarita mix is available in tubs at the supermarket near the drink mixes or at the liquor store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter (not tub or spread product)
- 2 tablespoons tequila or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 7 ounces instant dry margarita mix
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1Preheat oven to 250F.
- 2Melt margarine in large roasting pan in oven.
- 3Stir in tequila, seasoned salt, red pepper and margarita mix.
- 4Stir in cereals, nuts and pretzels until evenly coated.
- 5Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in dried cranberries.
- 7Spread on paper towels to cool.
- 8Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Chex Mix
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.2
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 218.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry margarita mix