Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A fun twist on an old favorite. From the Chex Cereal company. Dry margarita mix is available in tubs at the supermarket near the drink mixes or at the liquor store.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter (not tub or spread product)
- 2 tablespoons tequila or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 7 ounces instant dry margarita mix
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Melt margarine in large roasting pan in oven.
- Stir in tequila, seasoned salt, red pepper and margarita mix.
- Stir in cereals, nuts and pretzels until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir in dried cranberries.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in airtight container.