Recipe by Good Cook Wanda
Great dessert for topping off a Tex-Mex meal.
Top Review by sarah_nabbefeld
I made this twice, once for an office party and again for a New Year's party, everyone loved it! The 2nd time around I poured in half of the batter, then some of the strawberry puree, then the rest of the batter and topped with more strawberry, it gave it a stronger strawberry flavor. I also topped it with some whip cream, which gave it nice extra kick. Topping it with left over pureed strawberries seemed like over kill and was just too strong.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, well-beatened
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup strawberry, pureed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crumbs, walnuts & butter. Press into bottom and sides of a 9" spring form pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec in a mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and combine well.
- Add sour cream to cream cheese mixture, blending well.
- Pour batter into crust-lined pan.
- Into batter, pour 1/2 cup strawberry puree in a circle. Swirl into batter with a knife.
- Place a pan of water in bottom of oven.
- Bake cheese cake for 1 hour.
- After cooled, chill for a few hours. Serve with strawberry puree.