Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Ahhhhhh. A true Tex-mex delight!
Make and share this Margarita Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 113.39 g package instant lemon pudding mix
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml frozen limeade concentrate
- 59.14 ml water
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml gold tequila
- 29.58 ml triple sec
- 22.18 ml tequila
- 14.79 ml triple sec
- 1.23 ml lime zest
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 295.73 ml powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease& flour a bundt pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, limeade, water, eggs, tequila and triple sec in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat for 5 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Pour batter in prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Spoon tequila lime glaze over cooled cake.
- Glaze: Combine tequila, triple sec, lime peel, and sugar ina bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add more powdered sugar for a thicker glaze.
I love a tasty cake that starts out with a cake mix! I brought this to a dinner party and all of the guest joked that the edges of the dessert plates should have been rimmed with salt! Thanks for sharing Cher!
I made this for the finale of a Mexican themed dinner party and it was the hit of the night. This has so much flavor and is not overwhelmingly sweet. Yummy, pretty, and easy, too. It's the perfect dessert combination.
OMG, This was so easy. I made this recipe into cupcakes for my sister. I added a little green food coloring to give it a frozen margarita look. Made the glaze recipe , but then I made a butter cream icing with a hint of tequila& lime juice, iced the cupcakes, then a few clear& green sugar sprinkles to top them off. They looked beautiful.