Ahhhhhh. A true Tex-mex delight!
Make and share this Margarita Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup gold tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease& flour a bundt pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, limeade, water, eggs, tequila and triple sec in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat for 5 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Pour batter in prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Spoon tequila lime glaze over cooled cake.
- Glaze: Combine tequila, triple sec, lime peel, and sugar ina bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add more powdered sugar for a thicker glaze.