Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
from "Baking with Ramen" - http://bakingwithramen.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/margarita-cake/
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lemon yogurt or 1 cup plain yogurt
LIME GLAZE AND ASSEMBLY
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Prepare cake batter: Combine sugar, butter, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and beat until blended. add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well and scraping the bowl after each addition. Mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the flour and yogurt alternately, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Prepare glaze: Combine sugar, lime juice and water in a saucepan and mix well. Cook until the sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Stir in the tequila.
- Invert the warm cake onto a serving platter and brush with the glaze until it is absorbed. Alternatively, you may leave the cake in the cake pan and spread the glaze on. Let stand until cool. Slice and garnish each serving with a twisted lime slice and a dollop of whipped cream.
I see the directions for the glaze, but where are the amounts of the ingredients?? Something is missing here.