Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
I took this from a Williams-Sonoma cooking class. They were giving out samples, my husband and I kept going to the back of the line to get more. SO YUMMY!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarita mix
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees. Grease and flour 9x13 pan.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 40-45 minutes.
- Whisk together sifted powdered sugar and margarita mix.
- After baking, let cake cool for 10 minutes. Poke with a fork or wooden skewer.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the cake.
Loved, loved this cake! First it was EASY -- but most importantly it was SO GOOD! I'm sure I could have made it even better if I had served it with "something" -- but heck, it was just too good to even think about that. It was so moist. I kept it in the refrigerator and it was so refreshing -- a nice cool piece of this cake. Thank you for sharing a wonderful recipe. OLE'
Very moist and great flavor! You could even "frost" with Cool Whip and garnish with sliced strawberries. Thanks for the recipe!