Recipe by Cindy Starke
I made this since I first submitted the recipe, and it was terrific! The whole family enjoyed this very tasty dish. Will be a regular for us. From Cooking Light.
- 1⁄2 cup flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer chicken to an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add onion to skillet; cook 3 minutes. Add garlic to pan, and sauté 1 minute.
- Combine fruit, juice, and tequila in a microwave-safe dish, and microwave at high 2 minutes. Pour fruit mixture into pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 1 minute. Pour onion mixture over chicken; top with lime slices. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.