Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little something different for the grill--very tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks (1-inch thick)
- 2⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups oranges (fresh, 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- For the marinade: combine orange juice concentrate, tequila, lime juice, oil, ginger, garlic, salt, oregano, and red pepper in zip lock bag.
- Place steak in bag and marinade for 4 hours or over night.
- Grill steak over medium coals until desired doneness (recommend medium).
- Remove steak and let stand for 10 minutes. Then carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
- Arrange on serving platter, garnish with cilantro and lime.
- Serve with orange salsa.
- For the salsa: Combine all ingredients in a non-metallic bowl and refrigerate a least one hour.
I got this from the Dallas Morning News years ago and have made it a number of times. I'm glad to see it here so I don't have to post it myself.
We really enjoyed this tonight! It was easy and delicious. The slasa rocks!