Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My friend Janie made these for a cookie exchange. She said the recipe is from Pillsbury. Will make you pucker up.
Top Review by ErinTriesToCook
I had high expectations and it didn't really live up to them. I wanted a stronger flavor than the bars had... was too nervous to add more margarita mix, as I didn't want to make the bars too runny. Maybe with the limeade concentrate they would be better.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup frozen margarita mix concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big mixing bowl, add all the crust ingredients; mix on low speed until crumbly.
- Flour your hands/fingers; press mixture firmly in the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- In another bowl, beat eggs.
- Add sugar, flour, and baking powder; stir to blend.
- Add in margarita mix and lime peel; stir to blend.
- Take crust out of the oven.
- Pour filling over the warm crust; place back in the oven.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Let cool until completely cooled.
- Right before serving, sift powdered sugar over the top; cut into bars.