Recipe by ReeLani
There are never enough of these! I could bring 12 dozen to my office and one co-worker (who's not a drinker) would eat them all. For those who don't like a strong alcohol flavor this is the way to go. Yumm! It's hard for me to estimate the prep time since I do bits and pieces at different times, so what I've listed is just assembly, not the time for blanching and grinding almonds and crushing cookies.
Top Review by Lizzie-Babette
Made these for a cookie swap, and they were a real hit! I used lemon marmalade instead of orange, and then added about a tablespoon of triple sec, but that's the only change I made. I ended up making much smaller cookies, and had over 5 dozen. For Christmas, it adds a festive touch to roll the cookies in red and green colored sugar - very, very nice! Thanks, Reelani, for such a delicious, no-bake recipe!
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs
- 1⁄2 lb ground blanched almond
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- granulated sugar, for decoration
- Mix the crushed vanilla wafers with the ground almonds.
- In a blender process the tequila, orange marmalade, lime juice and corn syrup'til smooth.
- Stir melted white chocolate and tequila mixture into crumb mixture.
- Shape into 1" balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Store in refrigerator.