Found this one on a weight loss bulletin board. Saving it here as a guilt-free dessert this summer. At just 3 points per serving, it packs lots of flavor without a lot of calories. Guessing on the baking time here. Use the time stated on your cake mix. My thought is this would be wonderful served with a scoop of fresh strawberries macerated with a little tequilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box 1-step angel food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1To make cake, mix ingredients together and beat by hand until blended.
- 2Bake as directed.
- 3Cool upside down for best results.
- 4To prepare glaze, combine ingredients in small saucepan; bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- 6Liberally pierce entire surface of cake with skewer; drizzle glaze over cake.
- 7Let stand 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 322.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: