Recipe by justcallmetoni
Found this one on a weight loss bulletin board. Saving it here as a guilt-free dessert this summer. At just 3 points per serving, it packs lots of flavor without a lot of calories. Guessing on the baking time here. Use the time stated on your cake mix. My thought is this would be wonderful served with a scoop of fresh strawberries macerated with a little tequilla.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box1-step angel food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons triple sec
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- To make cake, mix ingredients together and beat by hand until blended.
- Bake as directed.
- Cool upside down for best results.
- To prepare glaze, combine ingredients in small saucepan; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Liberally pierce entire surface of cake with skewer; drizzle glaze over cake.
- Let stand 10 minutes.