1/2 Photos of Margarida's Broiler Cake
Old, old recipe given to me by my Canadian cousin so very many years ago. I've been making this since I was teeny-weeny. It's an old-fashioned simple recipe, but ever so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted flour (minus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2Scald milk in a saucepan. Add butter to melt. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add sugar gradually and beat well.
- 4Sift flour, then measure. Sift flour again with baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- 5Add vanilla extract to scalded milk.
- 6Add dry ingredents to egg/sugar mixture and beat well. Add liquid ingredients and beat well until all is incorporated well.
- 7Pour mixture into an 8-9" square pan.
- 8Bake at 350-degrees Fahrenheit for 25-35 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- 10Spread the Broiler Topping over warm cake.
- 11Place cake under broiler for 2 - 3 minutes to brown lightly.
- 12BROILER Topping:.
- 13Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in brown sugar until melted. Add the coconut and if desired, add the walnuts. Add the whipping cream and mix well to distribute.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarida's Broiler Cake
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.4
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.7 mg
- Sodium 350.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 51.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g