This recipe is so very different from the one already posted on this website. How can you go wrong with fruit and whiskey? Found on Irish Abroad, a recipe by Margaret Johnson. Can't wait to try it. If you don't feel like baking, this colorful make-ahead dessert is just the ticket. PREP TIME DOESNT INCLUDE REFRIGERATION TIME
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill four 8- or 9-ounce stemmed glasses.
- 2To toast the oatmeal: Preheat the oven to 350°F Spread it out on a baking sheet. Bake, shaking the pan at 5-minute intervals to prevent burning, for 15 minutes, or until toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 3Put the hulled strawberries in a large bowl and mash, or pulse a few times in a food processor. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- 4Whip the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in the yogurt or sour cream, the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar, the whiskey, and oatmeal.
- 5Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the strawberries into the bottom of each glass. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the oatmeal-cream mixture over the berries. Repeat the layers.
- 6Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or until set. At serving time, divide the blueberries on top of each.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margaret's Strawberry Flummery
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.8
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 49.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g