1/3 Photos of Margaret's Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Katherine in Alberta's Note:
My Mom made one of the best Sour Cream Coffee cakes that I have ever tasted. I've tried other recipes and none of them were as moist as my Mom's. If you are looking for a moist and delicious Sour Cream Coffee cake, well look no further and make this one. I've added a couple of variations at the bottom. My neighbors son always asks me when I am going to make him this cake with the chocolate chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3Cream the butter, add sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
- 4Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined, do not overmix. This batter will be thick.
- 5Spoon half the batter into a greased and floured 10" bundt pan. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture on top and spoon the remaining batter on top.
- 6Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 7Cool 10 minutes and invert onto a plate. Cool for another 20 minutes and place the cake into a large plastic bag which really makes the cake moist.
- 8For variations:.
- 9- add walnuts or pecans with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- 10- spread chocolate chips in place of the sugar/cinnamon mixture as this tastes excellent.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margaret's Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 260.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g