Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I picked up this recipe when visiting a friend in Georgia many years ago.
- 2 1⁄4 cups self-rising cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup water
- salt (to taste, no salt in original recipe)
- Combine first three ingredients.
- Add egg.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Drop by spoonful into hot fat.
- Remove when golden brown (15-20 minutes). Drain on paper towels. (Original recipe calls for 20 minutes.).
These were alittle dry but still good. Needs salt added in the ingredients. Thanks for sharing!