Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is one of my family's classic recipes; a must-have at any get-together.
Make and share this Margaret's Cheese Ball recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine first five ingredients, beating until smoothly blended.
- You can do this easily in a food processor.
- Shape into two small balls and roll in nuts.
- Chill several hours, or overnight, to let flavours blend.
- (You can also shape it into one big ball, but it's preferred to do two so you can whisk away the first one when it's almost gone and put out a fresh new one).
A perfect party treat! I added 1/2 cup more cheese and 1/4 cup chopped green onion. This is such a simple recipe and such a sanity saver because you can even make it the night before and chill it overnight. I have made this cheese ball over and over and it always disapears quickly!
I love all cheese balls, so I made this for our football party this weekend and loved it. I chopped up the pickles and green onion in processor, but also added some ham to the mixture too. We really love this. I used a good sharp cheddar cheese which I think is a must. Thank you for sharing this with us.
I made this for a party last night and it was the first to go! I made 2 like you suggested, and I am glad I did because they gobbled it up! It was easy to make too. A great appetizer for the holidays! Thanks :)