Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from the archives of Pioneer Lodge, a senior's residential care facility.Lovely side dish for a brunch buffet or a potluck offering or it can be a low cost main meal dish
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute the onions in the margarine.
- Beat the eggs. Add all the remaining ingredients. Add the onions.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 35 minutes or until cooked and golden.
An excellent way to fancy up canned mushrooms! It works very well. I made this as written, but used butter for the margarine. I did enjoy this, but I think it could be even better by adding some fresh parsley or thyme or other fresh herbs. Thanx!
This was very good and simple to make. I used an 11 x 7 casserole and it was too small, but will correct that the next time I make it. DH and I enjoyed it. Thanks Pioneer and Margaret Wood.