Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My cousin in Ireland gave me this authentic recipe. Quick, simple and excellent.
- 1 lb sweet butter
- 1⁄2 lb confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces cornflour (check near cornmeal in the market)
- 4 ounces semolina flour
- 1 lb unbleached flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment, if available.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in flours.
- Roll out to 1/4" on a floured surface.
- Cut into rectangles using a sharp knife or better yet, a ravioli/pie cutter with the wavy edge.
- Tranfer onto a lined cookie sheet, leaving 1/2" between cookies.
- Poke cookies with a fork and sprinkle with sugar (or even cinnamon sugar).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.