Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My cousin in Ireland gave me this authentic recipe. Quick, simple and excellent.
Make and share this Margaret Campbell's Irish Shortbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment, if available.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in flours.
- Roll out to 1/4" on a floured surface.
- Cut into rectangles using a sharp knife or better yet, a ravioli/pie cutter with the wavy edge.
- Tranfer onto a lined cookie sheet, leaving 1/2" between cookies.
- Poke cookies with a fork and sprinkle with sugar (or even cinnamon sugar).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.