Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I LOVE THIS CHEESE BALL!!!! My Mother has been making this for years at the Holidays, I've been making it for about 23 years myself. I NEVER have any of this left after parties or the Holidays myself. Serve with Ritz crackers or any other nice cracker. And Enjoy!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese or 1 lb colby cheese (or both)
- 1 (16 ounce) container French onion dip
- 2 cups chopped walnuts or 2 cups pecans
- Soften cream cheese then whip on low, add the other ingredients including 1/2 a cup of nuts.
- Shape into ball, or if you want to get creative a couple small ones, then apply the nuts by gently placing them on the cheese ball.
- You might want an extra cup of nuts the first time you do this until you get the technique.
Very good, made exactly as stated. This makes A LOT - it was too big to make into an actual ball so it ended up being more like a mound, LOL. But tastey!
Wow, is this good, even without nuts! Made this weekend (halved the recipe)and BF and I ate a good portion of it. I didn't get ambitious enough to form it into a ball, just put it in a dish and we used a knife to spread it on crackers. Great, and I'll be making it again this coming weekend for a party.