Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
this meat loaf is sooooooo delicious...very moist, and with delicious gravy...It got raves in the Southern U S Cuisine..I promise it will be the only one you will ever make.. ok...just wait till you taste this..
- put meat, bread (broken up in large pieces), both eggs beaten with the milk, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- in a large bowl.
- then mix about 1/2 the can of soup into meat mixture (if you are using 2 small cans mix 1 can into meat mixture).
- mix thoroughly with VERY clean hands.
- shape into a loaf (it will be soft, very mushy to be exact, a friend told me to say it is the consistancy of"tuna salad" or canned cat food") don't worry, it is a sort of flatter than most meat loafs.
- Mix about 1 cup of water with remaining soup (if you are using the large can) and pour over loaf (or mix 1 cup water with the other small can and pour over loaf).
- Bake at 375 degrees about 1 hour and 30 minutes (adding water periodically).
- if the gravy looks too light -- cook for another 30 minutes -- it will never be too dry -- but the gravy will have a little more flavor -- keep scrapping down the sides.
- It will be golden brown on top and you will have delicious gravy to use over rice or potatoes.
- It is the best meat loaf you will ever eat (it is VERY moist and so delicious).
We just tried this recipe it was outstanding! Came out nice and most with just the right flavor. Thaank You! We well use these recipe often.
Sorry, but unfortunately my family and I did not care for this meatloaf recipe. I don't know what went wrong since I followed the recipe exactly as was stated, but the end result was way too MUSHY and the meatloaf just fell apart. I am giving this recipe 3 stars since My daughter and I thought that the flavor was just alright. My husband and son did not like it at all. I thought that the cream of chicken soup would give the meatloaf a different twist, but I actually think that may have been what ruined this recipe for us. Sorry.
This is a very good meat loaf. I'm always looking for a meat loaf as good as my Mom made. This is close -- very close. My gravy needed a little help. It tasted more like cream of chicken soup than gravy. I added some chicken stock, cream, pepper, a dash of worcestershire...