You'll love the flavor, and the purple, green, and yellow colors of this Bayou State celebration! You may half this recipe.
- 8 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- lettuce leaf
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, Creole seasoning, and curry powder; add to rice mixture, tossing gently.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Yield: 16 servings.