Recipe by Sharon123
Great to take on a picnic or to a pot luck or to have in the comfort of your own home!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm up for Mardi Gras anytime of the year, & since I also like coleslaw, this recipe was just beckoning me! As with others who made this, we particularly enjoyed the inclusion of the caraway seeds! Definitely will be making this again ~ Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded white cabbage
- 2 cups grated peeled carrots
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced yellow onion
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared dijon-style mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup best-quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss both kinds of cabbage, the grated carrots and minced onion together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mustard; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the oil to form a fairly thick and creamy dressing.
- Taste and correct seasoning as necessary.
- Pour half of the dressing over the vegetables in the bowl.
- Sprinkle on the caraway seeds and toss well.
- Taste; add additional dressing as you like.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hrs.
- Allow to return to room temperature before serving.