Recipe by dicentra
The Mardi Gras colors are purple, green and gold. This is from the February 2005 issue of Vegetarian times.
- 1 head green cabbage, halved and cored
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, cored
- 3 yellow bell peppers, seeded and cored
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- To make Slaw: Slice cabbages into fine shreds. Place in large bowl.
- Slice peppers very thinly lengthwise, and add to bowl.
- To make Blue Cheese Dressing: Place all ingredients in quart jar, screw on lid and shake vigorously.
- Pour half over slaw, and toss. Refrigerate remainder for future use.