Recipe by Caryn
Easy tasty dish that my mom has made since I was very young. Very well received when I've brought to pot luck dinners.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Caryn, this was a great Sunday evening supper. It really is easy to put together, and very tasty. I did bake it instead of cooking on the range, just because I was lazy. Baking worked out very well for me. The taste was very good. I served it with fruit salad. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am putting this in my cookbook!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, brown ground beef; drain and return to pan.
- Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute' onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Add this to the ground beef; mix well.
- Add tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes; mix well.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked elbow macaroni; stir well.
- Simmer for 45 minutes with lid cracked; stirring occasionally.
- (You can also place this mixture in a casserole cover with cheese (of your choice) and bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes).