- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 large onions, diced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb of cleaned shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10 inch skillet over medium heat in hot butter cook onions, peppers,celery and garlic until tender.
- Add broth, tomato paste, brown sugar andcayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over white or brown rice.