Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
my dad came up with this recipe and makes is every Passover and even throughout the rest of the year. it has a thick chocolate layer, a matzoh cracker, and a delicious caramel-type layer on the bottom. you may add 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts on top of the chocolate layer if you choose. note: cook time includes overnight freezing time
- Warm oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet (with raised edges) with aluminum foil. Spray with non stick spray or wipe with a little butter. Cover with Matzoh.
- In a pot, using medium low heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a slight boil.
- Pour evenly over the matzoh. Put in oven for 2 or 3 minutes until it is bubbling. Do not overcook.
- Turn off oven and pour bag of chocolate chips over the matzoh. Let it sit in the over for a couple of minutes until the chips soften. Spread evenly.
- Take it out of the oven and let cool down. Then put it in the freezer overnight. Then break it into pieces but keep it frozen until you want to eat it. You may keep the pieces in a freezer bag to keep them fresh.