1/1 Photo of Marc's 3's Pancakes
M A Lewis's Note:
My kids all love pancakes.....the crispy outside and fluffy inside....and filling for a good day of school and play. I enjoy the standard recipe for pancakes, BUT, like always.....I like to create my own. Hence, this recipe. Knowing the basics of what is needed I modified it for almost a year before I settled on this hit recipe.
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat skillet to 300 while preparing mix. NO HOTTER or it will burn the outside before the inside is cooked enough to flip.
- 2In mixer, high speed, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Turn to low and add cream slowly. Add honey(heat in microwave for 30 seconds), sugar, vanilla and butter and mix for 3 minutes.
- 3Leaving mixer on low, have remaining ingredients ready to mix. Slowly add baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt. Do not mix for more than 3 minutes. What is left on side of bowl, scrap into mix and fold together gently.
- 4Use 1 tbsp of bacon grease and spread evenly over skillet to cook pancakes on. You will need this much each round of new pancake batter poured. It gives the outside crust a crispy texture.
- 5Pour 1/3 cup of batter on skillet. Check under edge. When it is golden brown flip pancake. BEWARE: Pancake may be 'doughy' on top and spread out to about 3 inches. Use wide spatula. Some skillets cook faster, some slower. Adjust cook time(NOT TEMP). Anymore than 1/3 cup and it will get messy trying to flip with standard size spatula.
- 6Cook other side until browned.
- 7Serve on plate with real butter for a true test of taste. Drizzle maple syrup on top to suit your own taste.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marc's 3's Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.1
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 950.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g