Recipe by lynnski / LA
With the high price of Marcona almonds imported from Spain I was happy to find a recipe that produces a very close facsimile at a fraction of the cost, but uses California almonds. This was adapted from an article published in the San Francisco Chronicle. Hope you like them.
Directions See How It's Made
- .Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Boil almonds in water for about 30 seconds.
- Drain the almonds in a sieve, then place them in a clean dish towel.
- Rub them to remove the skins.
- Place the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add olive oil and coat them evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the almonds 30 to 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times so that they brown evenly.
- When done, spread on a cool surface to let cool.
- Add more salt if needed.
- Store in an airtight container.