Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This salad has a wonderful oriental flavor to it. My favorite spring and summer salad.
- 1 (16 ounce) box marco polo noodles, cooked, drained and rinsed with cold water (Marco polo noodles found in oriental section, similar to spaghetti in appearance, but they are white)
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas, julienned (save a few whole ones for garnish)
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 2 ounces carrots, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mongolian fire oil (find in oriental food section)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped fine
- Prepare noodles as package instructions and toss with other salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad and toss till well mixed.
- Let salad marinate in refer at least 2 hours.
- Lightly toss the salad a couple of times to redistribute salad dressing during marination.
- Garnish with reserved whole pea pods.
OH, WOW! This is fantastic. I was not able to get the snow peas needed around here so had to substitute-used fresh spinach & for the texture that was missing I added just a few water chestnuts. Next time I go way north I'll get the snowpeas. But honestly the flavor of the dressing is wonderful. And the whole thing is so easy to assemble.
Ahhhhh! I made this for lunch today and it really hit the spot. I love the flavor of sesame oil!!! The salad dressing is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing, Doolittle57. I am so glad to have found this recipe.