Recipe by MomRbts
My sister in law makes these for Thanksgiving.I like to steam my sweet potatoes but you can use canned, just not quite as good.
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup melted butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (10 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and set aside for a topping; crushed cornflakes, coconut, nuts, and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Wash, cut into chunks and steam enough sweet potatoes to make 3 cups mashed. ( It's easier to peel the potatoes after steaming and before mashing.).
- Stir into the mashed potatoes the eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup of the topping mixture.
- Place into a 9 x 13 pan and top with minature marshamallows and the rest of the topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.