1 hr 5 mins
Chef TraceyMae's Note:
This recipe is sure to please and impress, especially the important person in your life. My sister Marci swears by it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Buy Chops 1" thick.
- 3Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- 4Sprinkle ground ginger all over the pork chops.
- 5Melt the butter in a large skillet, and brown the chops over medium-high heat, 2-3 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer the chops to an oven-proof baking dish.
- 7Add the ginger ale, fresh ginger, and crystallized ginger to the skillet, and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 8Pour this over the chops, put it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle the walnuts and raisins over the chops and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 10Transfer the chops to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 11Add the cream to the baking pan and place it over high heat.
- 12Cook, scraping up the brown bits, until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 13Pour over the chops and serve immediately.
- 14NOTE: Since the crystallized ginger is rather expensive, look for it in an Asian food store, where it should be less than a supermarket.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marci's Ginger Ale Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.1
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 117.1 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: