Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is sure to please and impress, especially the important person in your life. My sister Marci swears by it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Buy Chops 1" thick.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Sprinkle ground ginger all over the pork chops.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, and brown the chops over medium-high heat, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chops to an oven-proof baking dish.
- Add the ginger ale, fresh ginger, and crystallized ginger to the skillet, and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour this over the chops, put it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and raisins over the chops and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chops to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the cream to the baking pan and place it over high heat.
- Cook, scraping up the brown bits, until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over the chops and serve immediately.
- NOTE: Since the crystallized ginger is rather expensive, look for it in an Asian food store, where it should be less than a supermarket.