Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
EVERYONE LOVES this salad! My dear sister Marcia is my source. It will last up to 4 days long. Hint: if you use smaller deep storage containers the lettuce stays even drier and crisper rather than using one big container :)
- 1 head of your choice lettuce (she uses Iceberg)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh spinach (clean real well and pat dry)
- 12 -16 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 lb cooked bacon, broken in pieces
- 1 -2 bunch sliced green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 (1/2 ounce) packages Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 -8 tablespoons milk (to reach desired consistency of a thick sour cream)
- Layer in the order given in the recipe list.
- Make the dressing.
- Spread it from rim to rim.
- Wrap tight and refrigerate for at least 8 to 12 hours before eating.
Oh, this is excellent! I've had the traditional 7 layer lettuce salad before and anticipated this to be similar. It is, but it's BETTER. Yum. Thanks for posting this great recipe! Made for PAC Spring '11.
Wonderful salad made for Easter this year - can't believe how much it ended up making....I used 2 large 4 qt bowls, and ended up doubling the dressing cause they're such flat bowls, not enough to cover the tops of both. Made for spring PAC 2009. Will be made often again and again!
We've made multiple batches of this salad and it's a huge hit. It stays very fresh in the fridge for a long time due to the layer of "insulation" between the dressing and the salad. To cut the calorie content we've used turkey bacon, light mayo and low fat Hidden Valley and it still tastes great. 5 stars all the way!