Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious, moist meatloaf that freezes well and easy to make! This is a family favorite. I usually make up 12 small quiche individual loafs and freeze 3 at a time in my food saver bags.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes (chopped)
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 5 tablespoons brown Sugar Twin
- Whip eggs.
- Add spices.
- Add tomatoes with juice.
- Add vegetables.
- Add oats.
- Mix in ground beef.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pans well with Pam.
- Form into 2 large loaf pans or 12 small individual quiche/bundt/or loaf pans.
- Spoon topping over each loaf.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 35 minute depending on pan used.
I cut back on the spices, but my hubby likes the original. All a matter of personal preference. Good recipe and freezes well.
This was very moist and quite good. I used splenda brown sugar blend because I can't find brown sugar twin here. I think I will leave out the cloves next time - to me that doesn't pair well with hamburger. Also, this made enough for a 12-cup muffin tin and a small loaf pan. We ate from the pan and froze the muffins.
Very good!!! I added worcesteshire sauce and garlic to the egg mixture. Very tasty!!!