Recipe by MacroAlan
I was going to a party and a friend suggested I make chopped liver. Without admitting it was not in my repertoire, I said “sure.” Then I solicited recipes from all my friends and relatives. This is from my sister-in-law, Marcia. Everything I read says “the more eggs, the fluffier”
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver
- 3 eggs, hardboiled
- 1⁄2 lb onion (thinly sliced or diced)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and salt the livers. Broil until no longer pink. Wash and put aside.
- Sauté the onions in oil until translucent.
- Peel eggs.
- Chill everything for at least 12 hours.
- Grind livers, eggs, pepper, and onions together. The more egg, the fluffier.
- Use your grinder and not the food processor for a better consistentcy,.