Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A variation of Chef John Folse's recipe. I use a good cabernet rather than burgundy in the recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons glace de viande (*)
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Saute until limp, but not browned.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine.
- Reduce to 1/4 cup.
- Add the water and the glace.
- Stir until the glace is dissolved.
- Reduce by 2/3.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- *recipefor glace de viand#70198 by Toby Jermain.
- Takes some time but worth every minute.