Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe from Nola Cuisine. You will find this sauce in all of the old line restaurants: Anotoine’s, Galatoire’s, Brennan’s, Arnaud’s.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup ham, Finely Minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, Finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, Minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and saute the Ham, Onions, Mushrooms, and Garlic over medium heat until the whites of the onions are translucent. Add the flour and cook, stirring often, for about 5-7 minutes. Add the Beef Stock and Red Wine, Bring to a boil. Add seasonings. Let simmer for about 40 minutes. The sauce should coast the back of a spoon.